Birmingham Wine Weekend
Birmingham Wine Weekend returns for it’s second year in 2019!
Want access to delicious wines across the city? Just buy your wristband for £10 from BWW and get access to these delights for only £4 each:
125ml La Battistina, Gavi
- Usually £4.75 for 125ml
- Vegetarian, Vegan
- From one of Araldica’s Gavi estates, La Battistina, this is a high quality, complex white widely regarded as a benchmark for this DOCG. The vineyards are south facing and the soil, chalky and mineral, which allows full ripening and excellent drainage. The 35 year old vines are trained Piemonte style on low Guyot trellis, planted with 4000 – 4500 vines per hectare and yielding 6600 lt/ha The whole process of winemaking is undertaken at Araldica’s winery Azienda Agricola La Battistina in stainless steel tanks. The hand harvested grapes are pressed in a pneumatic press and subjected to a temperature controlled fermentation in stainless steel. The wine remains in contact with the lees for 4 months before being fined, filtered and bottled.
- TASTING NOTES Aromatic, zesty nose with apple and lime notes. The wine is juicy, and gently nutty with attractive mineral characters, textured weighty fruit and a zippy, citrusy, mouthwatering feel – creating a refreshing, yet satisfying finish.
- FOOD MATCH Delicious with appetisers and light fish courses.
A delicious wine cocktail – Spring Time Sangria
- Orange, Lemon, Cherry & Vanilla notes, topped up with delicious red wine
- Bodegas Borsao, Garnacha
- Garnacha grown on alluvial soils in the foothills of the Moncayo mountain. Grapes are typically harvested in the first two weeks of October. Temperature controlled fermentation takes place in stainless steel at 22ºC – 25ºC, with a 15 day maceration period.
- TASTING NOTES Bright juicy plum and blackberry aromas. The palate is soft and approachable with cassis, plum, bramble and cherry characters. Supple tannins create an appealing finish.
- FOOD MATCH Drink with slow-cooked belly pork, or perhaps chorizo with chickpeas (as recommended by Sommelier Wine Awards judge Martin Lam).
All exclusively available at £4 each for event wristband holders from 22nd -24th March only.Buy a wristband